Next: Constrained molecular dynamics
Up: Performing the simulations
N.B. This document is no longer maintained, please visit our wiki.
The biased molecular dynamics can be considered
as a special type of metadynamics in which the bias potential is provided
by the user at the beginning of the simulation and is not updated afterwards.
The setup for the biased molecular dynamics should contain the following
Biased molecular dynamics
The values of all collective variables for each MD step are listed in
file REPORT, check the lines after the string "Metadynamics".
- set the standard MD-related flags: IBRION=0, TEBEG, POTIM, NSW
- set MDALGO to 11 or 21 for the simulation with an Andersen, or Nose-Hoover
thermostat, respectively (check description of ANDERSEN_PROB and SMASS
for the thermostat-specific setting)
- in order to avoid updating of the bias potential, set HILLS_BIN to the value
of NSW for the current simulation
- define collective variables in ICONST (see Sec. 6.62.4), the input parameter
STATUS for collective variables must be set to 5
- define the bias potential in file PENALTYPOT, see Sec. 6.62.4
N.B. Requests for support are to be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org